Junior Brand Manager
Start date: 01 February 2023
Location: Paarl, Western Cape
Job Type: Permanent Full Time. Onsite. On occasion after hours and weekend work for events as needed
Package: Market related
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Reference Number: JBM001
Key Performance Areas include; but not limited to:
- Work with the Marketing Manager and take responsibility for implementing the brand’s strategy, with additional focus on creating the digital marketing strategy and the execution thereof.
- Develop engaging content and plans for online and social media platforms.
- Apply an innovative and creative way of thinking to secure a competitive marketing advantage.
- Establish best practice around the use of data and analytics to inform marketing and campaign effectiveness.
- Efficient use of the marketing and digital marketing budget to create maximum impact.
- Utilize analytical ability to evaluate and report on end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Monitor the brand’s online presence, not limited to owned platforms.
- Ensure the brand’s presence, product pack shots and information are available and correct on multiple retailers’ websites.
- Coordinate and help execute the brand and digital marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness and generate leads.
- Support the senior stakeholders in the organisation, marketing team, and business unit to ensure the brand’s presence translates into business growth.
- Evaluate emerging marketing technologies and adopt them where appropriate.
- Research competition and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Attend group and partner events and stay versed in day-to-day topics relevant to the business to ensure the best live social coverage.
- Support the business and the Marketing Manager with all marketing and business growth related activities.
Qualifications & Experience required for this role:
- Qualification in Marketing, Digital, Communications, Media, or a related discipline preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in an FMCG environment and/or digital marketing environment.
- Strong content development and social media marketing experience.
- Strong grasp of digital marketing best practices across websites, landing pages, social media marketing, email, mobile, banner ads, online video, paid search, SEO, etc. to drive and support both brand awareness and lead generation campaigns.
- Basic understanding of digital analytics and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of social media marketing platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. as part of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Commercial understanding and ownership: Budget management and reconciliation.
Key Skills / Requirements for this role:
- Fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strategic decision making
- A quick learner willing to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken & presentation)
- Ability to engage, report to and influence Internal and External stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to changing requirements and technologies
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A passion and appreciation for great food, especially cheese (a foodie).
- Manage own professional and self-development
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Clean driver’s licence
- Draft compelling website and social media content in line with marketing, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Photography skills
- Graphic design
Values and Abilities:
- Working with people: Be able to act as team player within the marketing team and engage with internal and external stakeholders to meet set objectives.
- Relating and Networking: Have a passion for connecting with current and future stakeholders and consumers.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side to be able to demonstrate why the ideas are analytically sound.
- Creating and Innovation: Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video/still format using multiple media and digital platforms.
- Writing and Reporting: Display experience in sourcing and managing content development, publishing, and feedback.
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Possesses great ability to identify potential positive and negative / crisis situations and apply resolution principles.
- Delivering Results & Meeting Expectations: Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of multi-media marketing as a brand manager and how to use various digital and media assets to executive different objectives.
- Ethical Marketing Management: The planning, development and execution of media and digital assets (includes T’s & C’s and the selection of winners) in a responsible and ethical manner.